Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.58Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.52Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $17.55Trending at AU $22.92
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
About this product
- DescriptionThe first volume of the series is devoted to the subjects information structure and contrast . The working hypothesis is that, apart from the use of lexical indication, the expression of contrast vs. correction is primarily carried by the intonation contour as a means for indicating scope and focus in negating constructions. The papers in this volume proceed from the premise that the information structure is preformed conceptually, and on articulation in the dynamic context is then portioned and linearized, mapped onto the syntactic representation via the semantic representation, and finally realized intonationally. The findings are partly based on neurolinguistic and psycholinguistic experiments.
- Author BiographyAnita Steube is Professor of General Linguistics at the University of Leipzig.
- PublisherDe Gruyter
- Date of Publication24/09/2004
- Series TitleLanguage, Context and Cognition
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWalter de Gruyter & Co
- Content NoteNum. figs.
- Weight672 g
- Width164 mm
- Height237 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byAnita Steube
- Interest AgeCollege Graduate Student
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.