All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $28.12Trending at AU $33.22
- AU $17.71Trending at AU $20.09
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $41.99Trending at AU $45.91
- AU $49.12Trending at AU $65.26
- AU $15.91Trending at AU $22.07
- AU $49.55Trending at AU $56.21
About this product
- DescriptionWritten from the manager's perspective, this new Third Edition prepares readers to improve the management of information using the latest information systems and techlogies. The book shows how to analyze a situation, evaluate existing systems for managing information, design the features of new systems, and consider the issues associated with implementing them.
- Author BiographySteven R. Gordon is an Associate Professor of Information Systems and Technology at Babson College. He is a co-author of Information Systems: A Management Approach and Essentials of Accounting Information Systems. Dr. Gordon's research and consulting interests focus on two areas: governance and structure of the information technology function in organizations and e-commerce in the financial service industry. His research appears in the Communications of the ACM, Information & Management, Information syst4ems Management, the International Journal of Service Industry Management, other academic journals. He is a Global Associate Editor of the Journal of Information Technology Cases and Applications and serves on the Editorial Review Board for the Journal of End User Computing. Before arriving at Babson College, Dr. Gordon founded and served as President of Beta Principles, Inc.,which developed and marketed accounting software and resold computer hardware. Dr. Gordon also consulted to the airline industry at Simat, Helliesen & Eichner, Inc. He holds a Ph.D. in Transportation Systems from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Judith R. Gordon Is an Associate Professor of Management in the Carroll School of Management at Boston College and has twice served as chairperson of the department. Dr. Gordon's research and publication interests focus on the career development of women, work-family issues in the workplace, organization change, information systems delivery, and managerial effectiveness. She has regularly presented papers at the Academy of Management meetings and has published articles in such journals as the Academy of Management Executive, Women in Management Review, Human Resource Planning, Information Systems Management, Information & Management, Sloan Management Review, and Academy of Management Review. She is the author of Organizational Behavior: A Diagnostic Approach, Information Systems: A Management Approach and Human Resources Management: A Practical Approach. Dr. Gordon was the first woman to receive a doctorate from the Sloan School of Management at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. She is Currently a member of the Commission on Institutions of Higher Education of the New England Association of Schools and Colleges.
- Author(s)Judith R. Gordon,Steven R. Gordon
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication04/09/2003
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight836 g
- Width204 mm
- Height249 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.