All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.12
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
About this product
- DescriptionAs the population ages and healthcare costs continue to soar, the focus of the nation and the healthcare industry turns to reducing costs and making the delivery process more efficient. Demonstrating how improvements in information systems can lead to improved patient care, Information and Communication Techlogies in Healthcare explains how to create a holistic Medical Records System as a core component to addressing the issues affecting the U.S. healthcare system. Examining the impact of our aging population on healthcare, the book describes the range of systems that support key segments of the industry, including: hospitals, physicians, imaging, and nursing. It considers patient records, the physician's office, emerging home-monitoring networks, the recording and information submitting process, and hospice/nursing home use. Leaving stone unturned, this reference investigates: * Healthcare techlogy * Healthcare data standards * Healthcare information exchange * Legal and regulatory issues * Electronic medical records * Usability by patients and physicians * Security and privacy * Healthcare facility planning * Emerging media and healthcare The book includes a case study that illustrates the human factors behind the implementation of techlogy. Following the principle that data should be captured only once, stored in a repository, and then made available throughout the medical system, this is the ideal starting point for those looking to improve the effectiveness and cost efficiencies of the healthcare system.
- Author BiographyStephan Jones and Frank M. Groom Ball State University, Muncie, Indiana, USA
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication11/11/2011
- SubjectSoftware Packages
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAuerbach Publishers Inc.
- Content Note28 black & white illustrations, 6 black & white tables
- Weight498 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byFrank M. Groom,Stephan Jones
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.