Information and Communication Technology in Organizations: Adoption, Implementation, Use and Effects by Bart Van den Hooff, Professor Jan A. G. M. Van Dijk, Harry Bouwman, Lidwien van de Wijngaert (Paperback, 2005)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $63.80+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $24.23+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHow best can we understand why the application of information and communication techlogy in organizations succeeds or fails? Calling on technical, organisational, social, psychological and ecomic perspectives, this book provides a fresh and comprehensive framework for answering this question. Consideration is given to how ICT is adopted, implemented and used within organizations. Throughout special features will help readers clarify their understanding. These features include: - Case studies and vignettes that chart the opportunities and pitfalls created by ICT - Useful chapter introductions - An up to date glossary of concepts and abbreviations
- Author BiographyHarry Bouwman is the Finnish Distinguished Professor at the Institute for Advanced Management Systems Research, Abo Akademi University, Turku Finland, and the Associate professor at Delft University of Technology, Information and Communication Technology, Faculty Technology, Policy and Management, Delft, The Netherlands. He served as an interim chair of the ICT-section in the period 2000-2002, in 2004 and from 2007- 2009. He studied political science at the Free University of Amsterdam (1979). He is specialized in research methods and techniques, statistic and communication sciences. He followed courses in the domain of Computer Science at the Open University (1985-86). He received his PhD at Catholic University Nijmegen in 1986 at the Faculty of Social Science. Bart van den Hooff is Professor of Organizational Communication and Information Systems. He has a PhD (with honors) in Communication from the University of Amsterdam. Before coming to the VU University, he worked in consultancy (M&I/Partners), at the Delft University of Technology and the University of Amsterdam. His research interests include the interaction between ICT, organization and individuals, knowledge sharing, distributed collaboration and online interaction. His work has been presented at international conferences and published in (among others) Journal of Management Studies, Organization Studies, Journal of Information Technology, Information & Management, Communication Research, European Journal of Information Systems and Information Processing & Management Jan A.G.M. van Dijk is an internationally recognized expert in the field of communication, his specific interest being new media studies. Van Dijk is the author of The Network Society (SAGE, 2012) and co-editor of Digital Democracy: Issues of Theory and Practice (SAGE, 2000). He is an advisor of the European Commission in the Information Society Forum. As a professor of Communication Science at Twente University, van Dijk teaches and develops the sociology of the information society, in particular the social-cultural, political, and organizational aspects.
- Author(s)Bart Van den Hooff,Harry Bouwman,Lidwien van de Wijngaert,Professor Jan A. G. M. Van Dijk
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication18/03/2005
- SubjectComputing: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations,
- Weight508 g
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.12
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.