All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBy fostering principles of systems thinking and informed learning though an inclusive, participatory design process that advances information exchange, reflective dialogue, and kwledge creation, the Informed Systems Approach promotes conceptual change in workplace organizations. Informed Systems explores theory-based participatory action research and provides examples of agile process models for activating sustainable design, dialogue, and reflection processes in today's organizations. This book also examines forward thinking frameworks for academic libraries, and how they can be used in the context of dynamically changing scholarly communications. Chapters further the expression of collaborative information practices that enrich information experiences by simultaneously advancing both situated domain kwledge and transferable learning capacity. Design (and redesign) activities well integrated into the workplace culture are expressed through sustainable processes and practices that produce rich information experiences. Informed learning both promotes and sustains continuous learning, including collective reflection on information sources, collaborative practices, and systems functionalities. In these ways, transferable topical understandings and information resiliency manifest action oriented intention to ensure improvements of real world situations.
- Author BiographyMary Somerville is a University Librarian and Professor at the University of Colorado Denver and Library Director at the Auraria Library, a tri-institutional organization serving the University of Colorado Denver, Metropolitan State University of Denver, and Community College of Denver, USA. Her leadership approach employs participatory action research to co-design enabling workplace communication systems and professional information practices to catalyze knowledge creation. In development for over a decade by an international research team, this Informed Systems Approach has been holistically applied since 2008 to initiate academic library re-invention and campus engagement.
- Author(s)Mary M. Somerville
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication14/07/2015
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Place of PublicationOXford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintChandos Publishing (Oxford) Ltd
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight270 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $38.10
- AU $14.11Trending at AU $24.25
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.18
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.96
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.38
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.48
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.