Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.76
- AU $15.64Trending at AU $18.73
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.11
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.59
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.82
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $46.93
- AU $24.80Trending at AU $28.01
About this product
- DescriptionOptics is reborn. There is fresh new vitality in applying old techniques to new prob lems and fully exploring vel phemena. Lasers, holography, stellar navigation, nlinear phemena, and remote sensing are subjects of the seventies, and their further development will increase our understanding of nature and the development of techlogy. This Series is devoted to provid- ing ideas and data to urish the growth of these scientific and engineering en- deavors' for we feel strongly that science and engineering flourish best when they grow together. Some of the volumes in the Series will be devoted to the optical properties of materials, theories of the detailed mechanisms of absorption, reflection, and nlinea r phemena, and electro-optical coefficients. The understanding of such things leads to further engineering applications. Companions to such theoretical books will be compendia of property data; the triad is completed by mographs on the use of the materials in op- tical and electro-optical systems. Laser materials, lasers, and laser sys- tems form one of the groups which will comprise the full set of ready-reference material for the entire field. The Series will be intentionally international, including a fair sampling of Russian work. There are important benefits to be obtained in the alternate approaches often taken by our Soviet and other foreign colleagues (just as they can gain from studying ours).
- Author(s)Mikael A. Bramson
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication28/05/2013
- SubjectAstronomy, Space & Time
- Series TitleOptical Physics and Engineering
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight1200 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1968
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.