All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $115.99Trending at AU $139.18
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.74
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $38.02
- AU $17.48Trending at AU $19.74
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.07
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.71
About this product
- DescriptionMore mind-boggling techlogy from the days of yore. Maurice Collins' collection of bizarre and ingenious gadgets will engage and amuse everyone. Marvel at the ingenuity of the cuff holder which, as legend has it, was used by cardsharps at the poker table to hide the ace up their sleeves; find out how to make the perfect camping cuppa 1920s style; and decide whether the 1920s electric comb really could prevent hair loss. If you thought that phone cameras were a great invention find out more about the watch camera of the 1900s; if you've always found shaving too taxing, there is an automatic shaving cream filler and brush in the collection which allowed you to save time in that early morning rush to work - who kws why this never took off?! Fascinating and humorous, More Eccentric Contraptions will continue to intrigue and amuse and is a testament to human ingenuity and resourcefulness.
- Author BiographyAs well as being a passionate collector of gadgets, Maurice Collins also has extraordinary collections of posters and printed ephemera and gives regular talks about his collections. He is the co-founder of the charity Kith & Kids, which provides a range of services to families with disabled children and has been awarded an OBE for his services to disabled people. He has also been the chairman of Haringey Mencap and Mencap London Region. He lives in North London.
- Author(s)Maurice Collins
- PublisherDavid & Charles
- Date of Publication30/09/2005
- SubjectPopular Science
- Place of PublicationNewton Abbot
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintDavid & Charles
- Out-of-print date24/11/2009
- Content Note100+ colour illustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width165 mm
- Height155 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsWith flaps
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.