All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.11Trending at AU $24.23
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.95
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.37
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
About this product
- DescriptionThe lungs provide a significant opportunity for the introduction of both therapeutic and toxic chemicals into the human body. In occupational and domestic environments, hazardous chemicals can enter the body through the lungs via gases, aerosols, and particulates from natural and anthropogenic sources. Fully updated with new research and discoveries since the last edition, Inhalation Toxicology, Third Edition presents contributions from internationally recognized scientists in the academic, commercial/industrial, and governmental sectors. A pragmatic resource for practicing professionals and students, the book comprehensively examines the relationship between the respiratory system and the toxicology of inhaled substances. Topics include: * Regulatory aspects of exposure and testing * Testing equipment and procedures * Respiratory allergy and irritation of the respiratory tract * Risk assessment * Toxicology theory * Toxicology modeling * Toxic effects of some individual toxicants New topics in this third edition include collection and characterization of airborne particulate matter, the inhalation toxicology of asbestos fibers and naparticles, and the development of lung-on-a-chip techlogy for predicting in vivo responses. Each chapter concludes with thought-provoking questions and answers, enhancing the book's educational utility.
- Author BiographyHarry Salem is the Chief Scientist at the U.S. Army Edgewood Chemical Biological Center. He has been a visiting professor at Drexel University, Rutgers University, Temple University, and the University of Pennsylvania and he has held a variety of positions in the pharmaceutical industry and in commercial toxicology laboratories. He was the editor-in-chief of the Journal of Applied Toxicology and is on the editorial board of the Journal of Inhalation Toxicology. He was the 2001 Society of Toxicology Congressional Science Fellow, and is a Fellow of the New York Academy of Sciences, the American College of Clinical Pharmacology, the American College of Toxicology, and the Academy of Toxicological Sciences. Sidney A. Katz is a professor of chemistry at Rutgers University. He has been a visiting professor in Canada, England, Germany, Hungary, Slovenia, and South Africa and has held research positions with E.I. duPont de Nemours and Company and with the R.M. Hollingshead Corporation. He has been a research fellow at the U.S. Army Edgewood Chemical Biological Center. His research activity is in environmental bioanalytical chemistry. From 1997 to 2002, he was a New Jersey commissioner for hazardous waste facilities siting.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication12/08/2014
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note152 black & white illustrations, 16 colour illustrations, 91 black & white tables
- Weight571 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edited byHarry Salem,Sidney A. Katz
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.