Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionThe current political polarization in the United States calls into question whether this has ever happened before. Are we, as a nation, unique in our anger? What is driving this polarization? This book is an historical analysis of the politics of our country. Where did Democrats come from? Why the Republican Party? Who are the TEA Partiers and Dixiecrats and how have they, the Democrats, Republicans, Whigs and a lot of others shape this country and bring us to this point? How did their ideologies become what they are? The author is a product of the recent political wars; a three time state candidate, campaign manager, and general political participant. He brings a unique perspective to the whole issue of the current polarization as only one who has actually fought the political battles on the front lines can.
- Author BiographyDouglas Courtney has written a number of short stories and five books. This latest effort is his first attempt at non-fiction. Douglas is, besides an author and tech business owner, a political professional. Douglas has run for office, campaigned, raised funds, and supported numerous candidates. Douglas has two sons and a lovely wife he has been married to for 38 years. He is currently extending his knowledge by working on his doctorate in Information Systems Technology.
- Author(s)Douglas Courtney
- Date of Publication20/08/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPolitical Ideologies & Parties
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight345 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.