All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.83Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.11
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $84.79
- AU $61.22Trending at AU $69.47
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.12
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $24.54
- AU $37.91Trending at AU $41.12
About this product
- DescriptionA groundbreaking book that will transform how we understand ourselves and our families by revealing that everything we thought we knew about genetics is wrong:* Your genes are t fixed; * the traits you inherit aren't unalterable; * the way you behave can affect how these genes are passed down to your children.Your experiences, matter how seemingly inconsequential - from bullies to crushes to what you eat for dinner - have all left an indelible mark within you. And more importantly, within your genes.We're taught that we don't have much of a choice in the matter of what we get or what we give, because our genetic legacy was fixed when our parents conceived us. But that's all wrong. Our genes are constantly on the move, some are turning on while others are turning off, all in response to what you're doing, what you're seeing, and what you're feeling. And all of those things can be changed, which means we can change. Genetically. INHERITANCE is a guidebook for that change. No longer do we have to settle for what we've been given. We can write our own story.
- Author BiographySharon Moalem is an award winning physician, scientist and New York Times bestselling author. His work has brought together evolution, genetics, biology, and medicine to explain how the human body works. His nonfiction works include the New York Times bestseller Survival of the Sickest and How Sex Works. He has been a guest on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, the Today show, Good Morning America, Fox and Friends, The Leonard Lopate Show, The Diane Rehm Show, The Dr. Oz Show, among others.
- Author(s)Sharon Dr. Moalem
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication10/04/2014
- SubjectPopular Science
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight494 g
- Width161 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.