All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.93
- AU $23.60Trending at AU $29.65
- AU $32.93Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.93
- AU $30.86Trending at AU $32.07
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.73
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.07
About this product
- DescriptionThe sixteenth annual symposium of the Society for the Study of Inborn Errors of Metabolism was held in Bristol from 12th to 14th July, 1978. About 25 invited speakers and 150 participants came from many parts of Europe and North America to consider the topic, 'Inherited Disorders of Carbohydrate Metabolism'. Although some aspects of these disorders have formed part of the programme of previous symposia organized by the Socie- ty, this was the first attempt to discuss them in a systematic manner. The subject, carbohydrate disorders, embraces both familiar and well documented conditions and some lesser kwn aspects of genetic disease. In all of these there remains much to be learnt about clinical and laboratory diagsis, treatment, biochemical screening and pathogenesis. Thus one aim of the Society, to combine clinical and scientific interest, can rarely have been better achieved in a single symposium. Since the programme included diseases from six different areas of car- bohydrate metabolism and contained so many distinguished speakers, it is impossible to highlight the more important aspects of this symposium within a short space. Each section made a table contribution to kwledge and, when time was available, lively discussions ensued which have been recorded in the book. However, we wish to mention our two special lectures, because they recognise people to whom the Society owes a great deal. The Milner lecture has been given for the past 6 years as a tribute to Mr J.
- Date of Publication15/10/2011
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationDordrecht
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, bibliography
- Weight688 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byD. Burman,J. B. Holton
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1980
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.