All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionInjury Prevention and Rehabilitation in Sport examines the key factors at play in the reduction and prevention of injury to athletes at all levels of sport. The book combines the latest scientific research with a critical review of current literature and the author's own personal experience working in the field of strength and conditioning at elite level to explain why certain modalities should or should t be prescribed by strength and conditioning coaches. There are full colour sequenced photographs showing the correct techniques for a wide variety of essential strength exercises. Other topics covered include how to effectively manage recovery and avoid overtraining; techniques for range of movement and corrective exercise; the most effective methods for shoulder and trunk stability; the theory and practice of propioception and plyometrics and how they can improve performance; the different methods employed when working with female or maturing athletes and the physiological impact of factors such as sleep patterns, travel, climate and illness on performance. The book concludes with a series of case studies that illustrate how to put theory into practice.
- Author BiographyRoss Bennett was originally an aspiring football player registered with a number of football clubs as a youth team player but after injury and lack of progression he decided to enter the academic world. In 2008 he enrolled on the BSc Strength and Conditioning Sciences degree programme at St Mary's University, Twickenham. Whilst in his second year Ross was offered a part-time internship at Chelsea FC Academy. He spent four years at the club, during which time he completed an MSc in Human Performance (Sports Science) at Brunel University. Ross currently heads the Strength and Conditioning team at Queens Park Rangers FC Academy.
- Author(s)Ross Bennett
- PublisherThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Date of Publication22/06/2015
- SubjectGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Place of PublicationRamsbury
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2015
- ImprintThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Content Note110 colour images and diagrams
- Weight402 g
- Width172 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine11 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.79Trending at AU $65.19
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $105.99Trending at AU $107.61
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.04
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $110.99Trending at AU $112.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.