All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.42
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.60
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.13Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $97.89
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
About this product
- DescriptionIn May 1999, The Northern Ireland (Location of Victims' Remains) Bill was passed in the House of Commons; it provided an amnesty to help the identification and location of people who had disappeared during the 'Troubles'. Six locations were identified and became kwn as the 'Sites of The Disappeared'. These were the burial places of eight people murdered by the IRA in the 1970s and early 1980s. In thirty years of conflict and atrocities, this small group of people stood apart. They were all Catholic and, as it turned out, had t only been taken from their families but also from their homeland to be buried in the South. In June 2000 the search was finally suspended. Three remains had been located, three closures permitted; for the remaining five families there was a site rather than a spot, a closing rather than a closure.
- Author BiographyBorn 1961 in Dublin, David Farrell has worked as a freelance photographer since 1990, contributing amongst others to The Sunday Business Post, The Observer magazine and the Telegraph magazine. He also teaches photography part-time.
- Author(s)David Farrell
- PublisherDewi Lewis Publishing
- Date of Publication10/09/2001
- Place of PublicationStockport
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintDewi Lewis Publishing
- Content Note65 colour photographs
- Weight980 g
- Width300 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Photographs byDavid Farrell
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.