Innovate the Pixar Way: Business Lessons from the World's Most Creative Corporate Playground by Lynn Jackson, Bill Capodagli (Hardback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $35.49Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by books2anywhereuk
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.18+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPraise for Invate the Pixar Way: This tremendous book brings the magic and genius ofPixar to the page and lets us in on the secrets and intuitive synergy of such a successful company. -- Stephen R. Covey, author of The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People and The 8th Habit: From Effectiveness to Greatness Pixar is one of the most creative organizations in the world. Read Invate the Pixar Way and explore the true beauty in how they sustain the environment. Who kws, maybe a little Pixar dust will fall on you! -- John Christensen, coauthor of Fish! andplayground director AKA: CEO, ChartHouse Learning Creativity makes it possible for our dreams to become real--my life is my proof. This book puts all those possibilities in the hands of the reader ...for those who will be creating the future. -- Carol Lawrence, singer, dancer, actress, and national spokesperson for theOpening Minds Through the Arts student achievement program With great and useful tips from beginning to end, this book will inspire workplaces to have more fun AND more success. I guarantee it! -- George Zimmer, founder and CEO, Men's Wearhouse This insightful work is a great primer for leaders who are looking to unleash creative potential and instill a sense of joy and playfulness in their organizations. -- Brian Walker, president and CEO, Herman Miller, Inc. Animate your team and unleash their creative power ...The Pixar Way Creativity doesn't follow titles; it just comes from where it comes from. -- Ed Catmull, Pixar cofounder, Pixar and Disney Animation Studios president In movies from Toy Story to The Incredibles to WALL-E to Up, Pixar Studios continues to set new standards for commercial and critical achievement. Pixar is a place where collaboration sets the tone for artists and geeks to work side by side in a spirit of mutual respect and trust. The key lies t just in who--writers, animators, directors, tech wizards, and others--makes Pixar outstanding, but in how Pixar creates the ultimate havenwhere creativity overflows. In this eye-opening book, Bill Capodagli and Lynn Jackson, authors of The Disney Way, reveal how Pixar has reawakened the invative spirit of Walt Disney. They explore how president Ed Catmull and chief creative officer John Lasseter and the rest of Pixar's braintrust have built an organization on the simple philosophy that quality is the best businessplan. It makes difference if you are making a movie that takes four years or serving a customer that takes four minutes, you have only one chance to deliver that magical, magnetic, enchanting experience for your customer. In this concise, accessible book, Capodagli and Jackson offer examples of how it's done--and explain what it takes to get your people to achieve greatness by unleashing theirpower to Dream like a child ...Have a vision, and be able to clearly communicate your objectives and goals. Believe in your playmates ...Hire creative people, trust in their skills and judgment, and inspire them to trust their colleagues. Dare to jump in the water and make waves ...Challenge the status quo. Encourage risktaking, but permit your people to fail, get back up, and try again. Unleash your childlike potential ...Focus on the details; make quality work your business's highest priority. Learn t only from Pixar but also from how other leading organizations--Google, Griffin Hospital, Men's Wearhouse, OMA (Opening Minds Through the Arts) student achievement program, Nike, Target, and the Internet shoe giant Zappos--unshackle their people's imaginations and do outrageously great things. And by motivating your team toInvate the Pixar Way you, too, can discover the magic that will help your business stay ahead of the competition, attract the best talent, and fatten the bottom line. In 1993, Bill Capodagli and Lynn Jackson cofounded Capodagli Jackson Consulting in West Olive, Michigan. They have helped scores of organizations revamp their customer service experiences and devel
- Author BiographyBill Capodagli coauthored The Disney Way and cofounded Capodagli Jackson Consulting in 1993. Lynn Jackson helps Fortune 500 and entrepreneurial companies reshape their cultures and principles using the methods outlined in The Disney Way, which she coauthored.
- Author(s)Bill Capodagli,Lynn Jackson
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/01/2010
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Professional
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight403 g
- Width147 mm
- Height221 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.