All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA groundbreaking, scientific approach to creative thinking From entrepreneurs to teachers, engineers to artists, almost everyone stands to benefit from becoming more creative. New ways of thinking, making, and imagining have the potential lives and society as a whole. And yet, the science behind creativity has largely remained a mystery, with few people aware of the ways we can optimize our own creative and invative ideas. Invating Minds: Rethinking Creativity To Inspire Change offers a perspective, grounded in science, that allows us to achieve both individual and collective creative goals. Wilma Koutstaal and Jonathan Binks draw upon extensive research from brain, behavioral, and organizational sciences to present a unique five-part thinking framework in which ideas are continually refined and developed. Beyond scientific research, Invating Minds also describes the everyday creative challenges of people from all walks of life, offering insights from dancers, scientists, designers, and architects. The book shows that creativity is far from a static process; it is steeped with emotion and motivation, involving the dynamic interactions of our minds, brains, and environments. Accordingly, the book challenges readers to put the material into use through thinking prompts, creativity cross-checks, and other activities. Vibrant and engaging, Invating Minds reveals a unique approach to harnessing creative ideas and putting them into action. It offers a fascinating exploration of the science of creativity along with new and valuable resources for becoming more invative thinkers and doers.
- Author BiographyWilma Koutstaal is a psychology professor at the University of Minnesota, with a PhD in experimental psychology from Harvard University. She is the author of The Agile Mind (winner of the 2012 William James book Award from the American Psychological Association) published by Oxford University Press. In February 2015, she was inducted as a Fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science for her work on memory, cognition, and creativity. Jonathan Binks runs InnovatingMinds4Change (IM4Change), a consulting firm focusing on fostering organizational innovation and strategic renewal. Jon holds a JD from Queen's University Law School, with expertise in intellectual property and organizational change.
- Author(s)Jonathan Binks,Wilma Koutstaal
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication15/10/2015
- SubjectPsychology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content NoteYes
- Weight614 g
- Width166 mm
- Height237 mm
- Spine29 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.79Trending at AU $65.19
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $110.99Trending at AU $112.12
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.