All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.39
About this product
- DescriptionWhy America longer leads the world in invation, why we should be concerned, and what must be done about it This important book delivers a critical wake-up call: a fierce global race for invation advantage is under way, and while other nations are making support for techlogy and invation a central tenet of their ecomic strategies and policies, America lacks a robust invation policy. What does this portend? Robert Atkinson and Stephen Ezell, widely respected ecomic thinkers, report on profound new forces that are shaping the global ecomy-forces that favor nations with invation-based ecomies and invation policies. Unless the United States enacts public policies to reflect this reality, Americans face the relatively lower standards of living associated with a ncompetitive national ecomy. The authors explore how a weak invation ecomy t only contributed to the Great Recession but is delaying America's recovery from it and how invation in the United States compares with that in other developed and developing nations. Atkinson and Ezell then lay out a detailed, pragmatic road map for America to regain its global invation advantage by 2020, as well as maximize the global supply of invation and promote sustainable globalization.
- Author BiographyRobert D. Atkinson is president of the Information Technology and Innovation Foundation and one of the world's foremost thinkers on innovation economics. Stephen J. Ezell is senior analyst at ITIF.
- Author(s)Robert D. Atkinson,Stephen J. Ezell
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication03/06/2014
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content Note15 black-&-white illustrations
- Weight567 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.