All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionInvation Management: Strategies, Concepts and Tools for Growth and Profit is a unique book in the rapidly growing discipline of Invation Management. It seeks to build on the experience from an earlier discipline-Competitive Strategy. It took more than two decades for practitioners to realize that successful strategy is driven by implementation, t by formulation. Similarly, successful invation-the key to growth and profit-rests on disciplined management and implementation of the invation process from start to finish. This book first answers the key questions: Why invate? How to invate? Who invates? It then provides 10 essential and practical tools to help invators guide their ideas to marketplace success. Following the publication of the successful first edition, and in response to many readers' positive feedback for its case studies, the second edition contains a large number of new mini case studies about invative start-ups, businesses, and ideas in the period of 2007-12 Invation Management shows how companies and individuals can transform creative ideas into powerful, sustainable, change-the-world businesses and emphasizes the crucial role of execution in implementing inspiring ideas.
- Author BiographyShlomo Maital was the academic director of Technion Institute of Management (TIM), Israel's leading executive leadership development institute and a pioneer in action learning methods (2001-09). He was Visiting Professor of Management of Technology M.Sc. program for 20 years at MIT Sloan School of Management, teaching over 1,000 R&D engineers from 40 countries. He is the author, co-author or editor of eight books, including Global Risk/Global Opportunity (2010); Innovation Management (2007); Executive Economics (1994), translated into seven languages; Managing New Product Development and Innovation (2000). He was a pioneer in behavioural economics and co-founder of Society for Advancement of Behavioural Economics (SABE), an academic society of which he served as President. He has published over 80 scholarly articles in refereed journals. He has written guest editorials for Barron, and writes regular columns for Globes (Israel's business daily) and Jerusalem Report (fortnightly). He served as Director of the National & Economic Planning Authority, Economics Ministry, Government of Israel. He has taught some 1,000 managers from 200 Israeli companies. His research currently focuses on profit-driven innovation-how to combine creativity and discipline to achieve marketplace success-and on leveraging business opportunities arising from the global downturn. D V R Seshadri is an Adjunct Faculty at Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Bangalore. His areas of interest are Business-to-Business Marketing, Corporate Entrepreneurship and Strategy. He holds a B.Tech. (Mechanical Engineering) from Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Madras, M.S. (Engineering Sciences) from University of California, San Diego and a Fellow title (Doctorate) from IIM Ahmedabad, with specialization in Production and Quantitative Methods. He has over 15 years of industrial experience prior to joining academics since 2000. He teaches in the various programmes at IIM, Bangalore, in his areas of interest and at IIM, Ahmedabad, in the one-year executive MBA programme. He also teaches in various Executive Development Programmes at IIM, Bangalore. He works closely with several companies, providing them training/consulting services in his areas of expertise. Over the last 10 years, he has developed a number of case studies and authored a number of research papers. He has co-authored three books: Innovation Management (2007) and Global Risk/Global Opportunity (2010) with Professor Shlomo Maital; and Indian adaptation of the book, Business Market Management (B2B): Understanding, Creating and Delivering Value (2010), with James Anderson, James Narus and Das Narayandas.
- Author(s)D. V. R. Seshadri,Shlomo Maital
- PublisherSAGE Publications India Pvt Ltd
- Date of Publication22/08/2012
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Series TitleResponse Books
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintResponse Books
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight998 g
- Width184 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.38
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.52
- AU $30.02Trending at AU $32.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.