All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionInvation, Strategy and Risk in Construction integrates insights from business and government leaders with contemporary research, to help built environment professionals turn serendipity to their own advantage by building greater invative and adaptive capacity into their operations. Accessible and full of practical examples, the book argues that traditional business strategies which seek to systematise invation and eliminate uncertainty need to be balanced with more flexible approaches which ackwledge and harness uncertainty. The missing key to invation, it is argued, is to turn serendipity into capability. The author proposes a simple model which allows managers to tap into the increasingly dynamic and interconnected nature of the construction industry. Invation does t occur in isolation within individual firms, but through collaboration. Each stakeholder in the construction industry has a responsibility to drive invation, and this book will be key reading for consultants, contractors, subcontractors, suppliers and clients, as well as policy makers and all serious students of construction management.
- Author BiographyMartin Loosemore is a Professor at UNSW, Sydney, Australia and a Visiting Professor at Loughborough University, UK. Martin was an advisor on workplace productivity and reform to the Cole Royal Commission into the Building and Construction Industry and a member of Australian Government's Built Environment Industry Innovation Council.
- Author(s)Martin Loosemore
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication02/12/2013
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note7 black & white illustrations, 13 black & white tables
- Weight444 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.68
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $98.73
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $37.91
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.33
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.03
- AU $25.08Trending at AU $33.69
- AU $19.84Trending at AU $29.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.