CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.36Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionSocial ecomy organizations such as cooperatives, n-profits, mutual benefit groups, foundations, and n-governmental organizations are uniquely positioned to respond t only to emerging social and ecomic needs, but also to new collective aspirations. In Quebec, for instance, a pioneering social ecomy system has been developed that is recognized worldwide for its ability to foster invative solutions to ecomic disparity and sustainability issues. In the wake of a global crisis that has emphasized the growing gap between ecomic and social concerns, what can other regions gain from this model? Through robust theoretical and in-depth empirical studies, this book offers the first opportunity to English-language readers to learn about the Quebec experience of a social ecomy system. It takes stock of recent developments in the province relating to policy planning, governance, financing, local development, and legal frameworks. Invation and the Social Ecomy also emphasizes this system's potential for exploring alternative practices of production, consumption, and distribution that can foster social transformation.
- Author BiographyMarie J. Bouchard is Canada Research Chair on the Social Economy and a professor in the Department of Organization and Human Resources at the Universite du Quebec a Montreal.
- Author(s)Marie J. Bouchard
- PublisherUniversity of Toronto Press
- Date of Publication07/03/2013
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Toronto Press
- Content Note3 figures
- Weight590 g
- Width159 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine22 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.