Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $38.32+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $26.93+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- DescriptionTurn team members into invators Most organizations approach invation as if it were a sideline activity. Every so often employees are sent to Brainstorm Island : an off-site replete with trendy lectures, creative workshops, and overenthusiastic facilitators. But once they return, it's back to business as usual. Invation experts Paddy Miller and Thomas Wedell-Wedellsborg suggest a better approach. They recommend that leaders at all levels become invation architects, creating an ecosystem in which people engage in key invation behaviors as part of their daily work. In short, this book is about getting to a state of invation as usual, where regular employees--in jobs like finance, marketing, sales, or operations--make invation happen in a way that's both systemic and sustainable. Instead of organizing brainstorming sessions, idea jams, and off-sites that rarely result in success, leaders should guide their people in what the authors call the 5 + 1 keystone behaviors of invation: focus, connect, tweak, select, stealthstorm, (and the + 1) persist: * Focus beats freedom: Direct people to look only for ideas that matter to the business * Insight comes from the outside: Urge people to connect to new worlds * First ideas are flawed: Challenge people to tweak and reframe their initial ideas * Most ideas are bad ideas: Guide people to select the best ideas and discard the rest * Stealthstorming rules: Help people navigate the politics of invation * Creativity is a choice: Motivate everyone to persist in the five keystone behaviors Using examples from a wide range of companies such as Pfizer, Index Ventures, Lonza, Go Travel, Prehype, DSM, and others, Invation as Usual lights the way toward embedding creativity in the DNA of the workplace. So cancel that off-site. Instead, read Invation as Usual--and put invation at the core of your business.
- Author BiographyPaddy Miller is a professor at IESE Business School in Barcelona. He has worked with senior executives in organizations such as Nike, Lufthansa, Henkel, Bayer, L'Oreal, Boeing, Citi, and the World Bank, and has led courses at MIT, CEIBS, Harvard, and Darden. Miller is the author of Mission Critical Leadership, and his work on global teams was awarded by the Academy of Management. Thomas Wedell-Wedellsborg is a partner at The Innovation Architects, a management consulting firm in New York City. He is a frequent speaker at corporate events and has worked with managers in nearly all parts of the globe, including China, India, Russia, Singapore, Britain, France, the United States, and his native country, Denmark. He has founded two start-ups and serves as an adviser to BBC Worldwide Labs.
- Author(s)Paddy Miller,Thomas Wedell-Wedellsborg
- PublisherHarvard Business Review Press
- Date of Publication19/03/2013
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarvard Business Review Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight357 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Most relevant reviews
- choterz09 Dec, 2016by
Everything is fine, except small scratches on the front cover.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.00
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $78.77Trending at AU $116.22
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.