All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book aims to develop invation theory by focusing on invation in a consumer society. In an advanced consumer society, services dominate and are provided through digital as well as physical channels by local, national and global firms. This book aims to identify the ways in which value can be increased for all stakeholders through both incremental and disruptive invation. When interacting with leading businesses, there is a common acceptance that we need a better understanding of how to invate in a service ecomy. Today, most advanced ecomies are service and kwledge based, accounting for about 70 percent of GDP. OECD reports document a considerable kwledge gap related to service invation. It is a challenge for both business and society that future ecomic growth will increasingly be based on services rather than manufacturing and products. Failing to understand invation issues in this context as an engine for growth is somewhat alarming. This raises the question: do we kw how to invate successfully in a consumer driven society? In this book, the authors develop the concept of Value Driven Service Invation, alongside a methodology for applying this approach in practice: the Service Invation Triangle. They develop a better understanding of invation, based on the uniqueness of services in order to develop the theory of service invation suitable for a consumer society.
- Author BiographyPeder Inge Furseth is a leadership and innovation strategy researcher and teacher with 20 years of experience. Peder Inge's speciality is to integrate executive education with research, workshops and professional networks. His main topics in research are service innovation, business models, innovation culture, multi-channel integration, social networks, and value formation. His main teaching focus is the Master of Management program that he directs called Innovation & Commercialization, a 150 hour course that has modules both in Oslo and in the San Francisco Bay Area. Richard Cuthbertson's research focuses on innovation in service firms in a consumer society, where choice, digital channels, and the heterogeneity of the service experience combine to create a challenging environment for both business and public policy. Richard earned his undergraduate degree in Management Science at Lancaster University. After working in central government, the energy sector, an automotive company, and a niche consultancy, Richard returned to academia to complete a PhD at the University of Southampton, during which he moved from Bournemouth to Oxford. Richard is a current Fellow of the Finland Distinguished Professor Programme, and was previously a Board member of the Charity Retail Association. He was awarded the Emerald Literati Network Award for Excellence (2010) and the Pegasus Prize for eBusiness Future Insights (2006).
- Author(s)Peder Inge Furseth,Richard Cuthbertson
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication11/02/2016
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Weight444 g
- Width158 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine17 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.85Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.43Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.