Innovation the NASA Way: Harnessing the Power of Your Organization for Breakthrough Success by Rod Pyle (Hardback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $19.70+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
About this product
- DescriptionLaunch your business to new heights with out-of-this world invation. For over half a century, NASA has delivered a continuous stream of invative accomplishments that have inspired the world. Neil Armstrong walking on the moon, the space shuttle pioneering reusable space planes, Mars rovers exploring the red planet - the list goes on. We read the stories and watch the footage, and as impossible as these achievements seem, NASA makes them look easy. The most invative organization in history, NASA holds an otherworldly mystique for those of us who look on in awe. But behind every one of NASA's amazing invations liecarefully managed operations, just like any other organization. Invation the NASA Way provides practical, proven lessons that will help you envision the future of your organization with clarity, meet every challenge with tenacity, and manage invation with groundbreaking creativity. NASA insider Rod Pyle has used the agency's unique methods for driving invation to train leaders from eBay, the Federal Reserve, Michelin tires, Coco/Phillips, andmany other Fortune 100 and 500 companies. Now, for the first time, NASA's cutting-edge strategies for nurturing and fostering invation are revealed. Invation the NASA Way takes you on a tour through the programs that pushed the envelope on the agency's leadership and managerial capacity. It describes the seemingly impossible tasks NASA personnel faced, explains how each challenge was met with forward-looking management methods, and describes the extraordinary invations that resulted. Learn how NASA built the Lunar Module, the first true spaceship; created the Saturn V's F-1 rocket motor, the most powerful ever built; and how it creates partnerships with the new players in space-private entrepreneurs. These are just a few of the projects covered in the book. Space exploration may be NASA's mission, but its invative leadership practices are founded on solid, down-to-earth methods anyone can apply, anywhere. Praise for Invation the NASA way: Pyle insightfully and skillfully draws out the methods and strategies naSa has employed to achieve its lofty goals. It invates so far outside the box that the box disappears. Pyle suggests its touchstones are boldness, daring, and passion, and he suggests you can bring those traits into your business. (Don Cambou, executive Producer of History Channel's Modern Marvels). Pyle highlights NASA's key invation lessons and leaves you with amazing stories you'll want to remember and use in your organization. (Steven Fentress, Planetarium Director at Rochester Museum & Science Center). From building rocket engines to exploring Mars and beyond, Rod Pyle has written a very readable and eminently practical volume that documents the challenges, solutions, and lessons learned from NASA's storied history. To read it is to be inspired to recreate in today's challenging world NASA's daring, boldness and passion. (Steven J. Dick, Former NASA Chief historian). Fuel your inspiration with this fascinating book explaining the key lessons of NASA's invation and exploration of space. Pyle's meaingful insights willimprove your business. (Lukas Viglietti, President, Swissapollo, Swiss Space Association).
- Author BiographyRod Pyle led leadership training at NASA's Johnson Space Center for C-Suite executives. he has written extensively on space exploration and the inner workings of NASA and similar institutions. Pyle is a frequent contributor to the huffi ngton Post and Space.com, as well as other space-related media outlets. His documentaries on NASA have appeared on the History Channel and other major television outlets. Pyle is a popular speaker whose radio interviews are heard worldwide.
- Author(s)Rod Pyle
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/05/2014
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Series TitleBusiness Books
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Professional
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight558 g
- Width162 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.