All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Invations in American Government Awards Program began in 1985 with a grant from the Ford Foundation to the Kennedy School of Government at Harvard to conduct a program of awards for invations in state and local government. The foundation's objective was ambitious and, in an era of government is the problem rhetoric, determinedly proactive. It sought to counter declining public confidence in government by highlighting invative and effective programs. Over twenty years later, research, recognition, and replication are the source of the program's continuing influence and its vitality. What is the future of government invation? How can invation enhance the quality of life for citizens and strengthen democratic governance? Invations in Government: Research, Recognition, and Replication answers these questions by presenting a comprehensive approach to advancing the practice and study of invation in government. The authors discuss new research on invation, explore the impact of several programs that recognize invation, and consider challenges to the replication of invations. Contributors include Eugene Bardach (University of California- Berkeley), Robert Behn (Harvard University), John D. Donahue (Harvard University), Marta Ferreira Santos Farah (Center for Public Administration and Government, Fundacao Getulio Vargas), Archon Fung (Harvard University), Jean Hartley (University of Warwick), Steven Kelman (Harvard University), Gowher Rizvi (Ash Institute for Democratic Governance and Invation, Harvard University), Peter Spink (Center for Public Administration and Government, Fundacao Getulio Vargas), and Jonathan Walters (Governing).
- Author BiographySandford Borins is a professor of public management at the University of Toronto, Canada, where he studies the management of information technology and narrative in management. His previous books include Innovating with Integrity: How Local Heroes are Transforming American Government (Georgetown, 1998) and Digital State at the Leading Edge (University of Toronto, 2007).
- PublisherBrookings Institution
- Date of Publication28/02/2008
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Series TitleBrookings/ASH Institute Series, Innovative Governance in the 21st Century
- Place of PublicationWashington DC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBrookings Institution
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight358 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited bySandford F. Borins
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.66
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.45
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.63
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.97
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.72
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.