All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $21.73Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $35.05
About this product
- DescriptionDespite recent advances, therapeutic efforts have t been successful establishing a definitive strategy of treatment for brain gliomas, because of the presence of the blood-brain barrier. Invative Brain Tumor Therapy presents a sypsis of the studies on naparticles as ideal devices for brain tumor treatment. Their nametric size, electrostatic charge, and lipophilic characteristics allow them to penetrate into the brain tissue freely. Promising in-vitro results have been reported, but remain to be validated in humans. This title focuses on the blood-brain barrier pathophysiology in brain tumors, and the possibilities of overcoming this with naparticle-based systems. Relevant patents of naparticles used as drug delivery carriers are also reported, as well as future scenarios in naparticles and stem cells.
- Author(s)Gerardo Caruso,Lucia Merlo,Maria Caffo
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication16/10/2014
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWoodhead Publishing Ltd
- Weight460 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.