All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
About this product
- DescriptionOver the last twenty years, our ecomy and our society have been completely revolutionized by techlogy. As Aneesh Chopra shows in Invative State, once it became clear how much this would change America, a movement arose around the idea that these same techlogies could reshape and improve government. But the idea languished, and while the private sector invated, our government stalled. The election of Barack Obama offered a new opportunity. In 2009, Aneesh Chopra was named the first Chief Techlogy Officer of the United States. Previously the Secretary of Techlogy for Virginia and managing director for a health care think tank, Chopra led the administration's initiatives for a more open, tech-savvy government. In Invative State, he draws on this experience and interviews with policy experts and tech insiders to offer an absorbing look at how government can establish a new paradigm for the internet era and allow us to tackle our most challenging problems, from ecomic development to veteran affairs.
- Author BiographyAneesh Chopra was the first chief technology officer of the United States government. Currently, he is the co-founder and executive vice president of Hunch Analytics, a technology firm focused on improving public and regulated sectors through data analytics, and a member of the Council on Virginia's Future. He is a graduate of Johns Hopkins and the Harvard Kennedy School of Government.
- Author(s)Aneesh P. Chopra
- PublisherGrove Press / Atlantic Monthly Press
- Date of Publication26/11/2015
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGrove Press / Atlantic Monthly Press
- Weight328 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.