Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionThe aim of this book is to summarize our understanding on the insect nicotinic acetylcholine receptors. This area of research received great impetus from the identification of the first subunit sequences to be used as neonicotiid insecticide target sites. Although a book of this nature can provide the details only of commonly published results, it is hoped that it may provide a useful guide to the newcomer to the field as well as to point out some of the future challenges. For example, we need to determine the precise subunit menclature of insect nicotinic receptors. This menclature varies amongst species and this led to some of the early confusion that persists. We need to be precise in identifying the subunit composition of native insect nicotinic receptor subtypes, their functional properties and physiological roles.
- Author BiographySteeve Herve Thany is an assistant Professor for Neurobiology and Neurophysiology at the University of Angers, France. Its research interests are in the areas of molecular biology, electrophysiology, pharmacology and behavioral processes involving insect nicotinic acetylcholine receptors. Recent research focused on the effects of neonicotinoid insecticides on nicotinic receptors and the intracellular mechanisms regulating their function. He is a member of numerous national and international scientific organisations, including the French Society for Neuroscience (SN) and the Federation of European Neuroscience Societies (FENS).
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication07/05/2010
- SubjectLife Sciences: Zoology
- Series TitleAdvances in Experimental Medicine and Biology
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 683
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note6 black & white tables, biography
- Weight376 g
- Width170 mm
- Height257 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited bySteeve Herve Thany
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.