All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $28.89Trending at AU $29.75
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $23.76Trending at AU $26.79
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $51.72
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $53.63
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.09
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $45.36
About this product
- DescriptionMicroclimate is the very local climate close to the ground or ather surface. The microclimate around a plant is particularly complex and interesting, and an insect sitting on a leaf may be inhabiting a weather system completely different from the weather outside. An understanding of the microclimate around plants enables us to interpret the behaviour pattern of insects as they change through the day. The instruments needed for exploring microclimate need t be expensive - this book explains how many of them can be made at home or at school using inexpensive components. The colour illustrations provide a guide to the main groups of insects, and identification keys are listed for each.
- Author BiographySarah A Corbet has taught entomology and ecology in London University and the University of Cambridge. Her research interest is in pollination ecology, with a special focus on bumblebees.
- Author(s)Dennis M. Unwin,Sarah A. Corbet
- PublisherRichmond Publishing Co Ltd
- Date of Publication01/01/1991
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Maths, Science & Technical
- Series TitleNaturalists' Handbook Series
- Series Part/Volume Number15
- Place of PublicationSlough
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRichmond Publishing Co Ltd
- Content Note4 colour plates, black & white illustrations
- Weight135 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.