Inside Arthur Andersen: Shifting Values, Unexpected Consequences by Lorna McDougall, Cynthia J. Smith, Susan Squires, William R. Yeack (Hardback, 2003)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $37.32+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.18+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.79Trending at AU $65.19
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $110.99Trending at AU $112.12
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
About this product
- DescriptionThe authors of Arthur Andersen bring their unique insights to a close-range observation of Andersen's culture that has continued for more than 15 years. They set the stage by reviewing Andersen's unique history and role; its traditionally careful attention to enculturing new employees; and its social structure characterized by personal, familial relationships. Next, they narrate two decades of change at Andersen, showing how the firm's tightly integrated cultural system gradually began to devolve, rapidly coming apart in the wake of the 1990s new ecomy revolution. Organizational leaders can read this book as a profound cautionary tale; researchers and students of organizational culture can read it as one of the most extraordinary case studies ever presented. Includes a foreword by Dr. Leonard Sayles, Professor Emeritus, Columbia University Graduate School of Business.
- Author BiographyLorna McDougall has extensive experience in organizational development for major companies and universities in the U.S. and UK. She joined Andersen Worldwide's Performance Consulting group in 1990, where her work included research, organizational planning and development, and cross-cultural training for worldwide delivery for Audit, Tax and Consulting. Cynthia J. Smith worked in the Management Development Group in Arthur Andersen's Center for Professional Education and Development. She also worked at World Headquarters on cultural risk management and onsite with engagement teams in Asia developing improvements in high risk and international project management. Susan Squires has over 15 years' professional experience conducting organizational research in corporate settings, evaluating new products, and leading business trainings throughout the United States, Europe and Asia. In 1994, she joined Andersen Worldwide, where she worked with Andersen Consulting and Arthur Andersen as well as many of their clients. William R. Yeack joined Arthur Andersen in 1981, worked on audit engagements, earned his CPA (1983), and was a member of the Management Information Consulting Division, which became Andersen Consulting. He specialized in large, high-risk projects in the utility and financial industries. He held high-level executive positions with international responsibilities that involved ongoing business relations with the firm.
- Author(s)Cynthia J. Smith,Lorna McDougall,Susan Squires,William R. Yeack
- PublisherPearson Education Limited
- Date of Publication02/06/2003
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationHarlow
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFinancial Times Prentice Hall
- Weight313 g
- Width160 mm
- Height237 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.