All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionInside Asperger's Looking Out follows in the best-selling footsteps of Kathy Hoopmann's All Cats Have Asperger Syndrome and All Dogs Have ADHD. Through engaging text and full-color photographs, this book shows neurotypicals how Aspies see and experience the world. Each page brings to light traits that many Aspies have in common, from sensitive hearing and an aversion to bright lights and strong smells, to literal thinking and difficulty understanding social rules and reading body language and facial expressions. At the same time, the book highlights and celebrates the unique characteristics that make those with Asperger's Syndrome special. This is the perfect introduction to the world of Aspies, told from their own perspective, for the people in their lives: including family, friends, and classmates. Those with Asperger's Syndrome will also appreciate this book for the way it shares their own singular perspectives on life.
- Author BiographyKathy Hoopmann is an Australian author with a background in primary school teaching. After many years of working with children with Asperger Syndrome, she has a wonderful insight into the mindset of Aspies. Her sensitivity to their strengths and weaknesses, and her ability to encapsulate these within her literature, has made her a household name within the Asperger community. She is the author of fifteen books for children and teenagers. Her best known work, All Cats Have Asperger Syndrome and All Dogs Have ADHD, Haze, Lisa and the Lacemaker, Of Mice and Aliens and Blue Bottle Mystery, are all published by JKP. To find out more about Kathy and her writing visit www.kathyhoopmann.com.
- Author(s)Kathy Hoopmann
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication15/09/2012
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Note67 colour photographs
- Weight390 g
- Width210 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 7
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.68
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $98.73
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $37.91
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.33
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.03
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.03
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.