Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $15.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.47
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.98
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.28
About this product
- DescriptionHanging chads. Butterfly ballots. Unruly demonstrations across the country. A state capital occupied by the national press corps. For thirty-six excruciating days in late 2000, a nation held its breath while seven men held in their hands the fate of the presidential election in Florida. The events that transpired within the justices' chambers - their arguments, exhortations, and appeals to one ather - have remained a mystery ...until w. Inside' Bush v. Gore' presents the unique, candid, and compelling perspective of the Florida Supreme Court Chief Justice who stood at the centre of the storm. Charley Wells, a strong dissenting voice in the court's 4-3 decision that mandated a statewide manual recount, gives an unprecedented play-by-play account of those tumultuous days. Not only is his legal analysis of Bush v. Gore at the state and federal levels invaluable, but he also offers an insider's view of judicial alliances, the frustrations of ambiguous election laws, the difficulties in separating the legalities from the politics, and the unsung yet critical role played by state court professionals.
- Author BiographyCharley Wells is retired Chief Justice of the Florida Supreme Court, where he served from 1994 to 2009.
- Author(s)Charley Wells
- PublisherUniversity Press of Florida
- Date of Publication30/04/2013
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Place of PublicationFlorida
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of Florida
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight340 g
- Width160 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.