All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $31.94Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $28.49Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $30.26Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.66
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.06
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.84
About this product
- DescriptionPetra Blaisse and her firm, Inside Outside, specialize in the rare combination of interior and landscape design, interweaving architecture and context. Interior projects use materials that introduce visual effects such as color, flexibility, seasonal change, and movement and solve acoustic, climatic, shading, and spatial issues. Landscape projects reflect a fascination with materials, light, and movement within an urban and infrastructural program. This approach brings forth a series of strong, multilayered garden and park designs that combine logistics with rich planting schemes and graphic effects. Inside Outside introduces the full range of Blaisse's work, focusing on collaborations with internationally rewned architects including Rem Koolhaas and SANAA. It weaves together descriptions and documentation of more than fifty projects, a conversation with the designer, and essays by rewned writers and critics.
- Author BiographyDutch designer Petra Blaisse founded Inside Outside in Amsterdam in 1991 and first gained international acclaim for her innovative exhibition installations in the 1980s and 1990s. Recent works include the Seattle Central Library, the Hackney Empire Theater in London, and the winning design for the Giardini di Porta Nuova competition in Milan.
- Author(s)Petra Blaisse
- PublisherMonacelli Press
- Date of Publication19/10/2009
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMonacelli Press
- Out-of-print date23/11/2015
- Content Note600 colour and black and white
- Weight1465 g
- Width168 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine42 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.