All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.88
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.15
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.66
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.21
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.08
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.20
- AU $30.32Trending at AU $31.91
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is primarily for psychotherapists, but is also for professionals such as lawyers, judges, doctors, and the clergy, and for victims. Different perspectives describe worlds of sadistic violence, revealing how human beings are deliberately and persistently broken. It explores how victims are used and abused in the context of porgraphy, prostitution, and snuff videos; how they are deprived of their rights through mind control: degraded to thing more than objects, abused at the push of a button according to the desires of the tormentors. Claims by the false memory movement aid the tormentors, and this is reflected in the language these groups use. With an explanation of the diverse structures of dissociation, ranging from dissociation as the reaction of an organism, through conditioning, all the way to programming, the author develops a structural model for treating victims of extreme violence and mind control.
- Author BiographyGaby Breitenbach is a psychologist and psychological psychotherapist. As well as working with clients who suffer from traumatic experiences, she is also a system therapist and behaviour therapist. In 1985 she first encountered the topic of extreme traumatization, and has now founded a house ('Vielseits') for survivors of extreme violence, based in Germany.
- Author(s)Gaby Breitenbach
- PublisherKarnac Books
- Date of Publication28/04/2015
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintKarnac Books
- Weight408 g
- Width147 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.