Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.86
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
About this product
- DescriptionInside the American Legal Mind:An International Practitioner Guide to American Legal Reasoning clearly explains how to navigate within U.S. legal practice. A combination of common law legal history with the straight-shooting American style has resulted in an approach to issue analysis that is structurally different from other fields and from the civil law systems common in other countries. Precedent drives the interpretive process, providing the pillars upon which an American lawyer builds a case. Understanding how to capture relevant aspects of precedent, merge those aspects with precedent from seemingly distinct cases, and apply the resulting formula to a given fact pattern can be a harrowing experience for anyone untrained in American legal thinking. This book bridges that gap for aspiring lawyers in America as well as for foreign legal practitioners. Fandl clearly and concisely demonstrates how to research, analyze, and ultimately condense legal ideas into written form in the American legal style. Suitable for undergraduates in U.S. Criminal Justice programs and for LL.M. courses, as well as for continuing education for professionals.
- Author BiographyKevin J. Fandl is a Professor of Legal Studies and Global Business Strategy at the Fox School of Business at Temple University. He had previously served as Chief of Staff for international trade and intellectual property at U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement. In 2011, he founded the Global Legal Education Institute, which delivers intensive practical law courses to foreign legal practitioners and advanced law students around the world.
- Author(s)Kevin J. Fandl
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication01/04/2015
- SubjectNational Law: Professional
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Content Note5 black & white illustrations, 5 black & white line drawings
- Weight226 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine9 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.