Inside the Beltway: A Guide to Washington Reporting by Don Campbell, Wendell Cochran (Paperback, 2003)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $99.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $42.84+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.93
About this product
- DescriptionThe first edition of this book was an indispensable guide to covering the Washington news beat and became a genuine classic in the political reporting arena. The new second edition of Inside the Beltway expands, revises and updates the original to make it an even more essential tool for Washington journalists as well as a timely textbook for college-level public affairs reporting courses. New to this volume is a chapter that explores the press-government relationship, and how the Internet and cable television have altered this relationship. Chapters focusing on regional reporting and on the foreign correspondent in Washington are also new, along with a complete revision of the resource chapter, chock-full of Internet and website listings. Newly acquired interviews with dozens of practicing reporters and editors form the heart of the book. These interesting dialogues help the reader make sense of the political and bureaucratic maze of the nation's capital. DC-based journalists, reporters outside Washington interested in winning promotion to the Washington bureau, government public information officers, journalism students and professors everywhere - all will benefit from the insight, guidance, and step-by-step strategies of Inside the Beltway: A Guide to Washington Reporting, 2nd Edition.
- Author Biography<b>Don Campbell</b> currently a lecturer and freelance writer, has over 35 years journalistic experience as a reporter, editor, political analyst, author, educator, researcher, syndicate manager and newsroom consultant. He served as Gannett News Service managing editor, as Washington editor of USA Today, and as Gannett's White House correspondent, national political writer, political editor and congressional correspondent. <b>Wendell Cochran</b> is an associate professor and journalism division director at American University in Washington, D.C. He has over 25 years in daily newspaper journalism, including experience as a Gannett regional and national correspondent based in Washington.</p>
- Author(s)Don Campbell,Wendell Cochran
- PublisherIowa State University Press
- Date of Publication31/01/2003
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationArnes, AI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIowa State University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight394 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement2nd
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.