All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $38.10
- AU $14.11Trending at AU $24.13
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.18
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.98
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.38
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.48
About this product
- DescriptionA long-time U.S. policy insider's scholarly and encyclopedic history with unprecedented analysis of the official documents of the Cold War explores its Marxist-Leninist totalitarian roots, faltering pre-Reagan U.S. strategies of Containment, MAD, and Detente, and the Reagan Revolution. This book details Reagan's integrated new strategies in defense, arms control, diplomacy, information and intelligence, and support for the faiths and forces of freedom that collapsed the Soviet ideology and empire.
- Author BiographyEducated at Harvard College and the University of California, Berkeley, Sven Kraemer served in the administrations of six presidents, beginning with John Kennedy. He served in the National Security Council with presidents Johnson, Nixon, Ford and Reagan (as Director of Arms Control); in the Office Secretary of Defense in the Kennedy and George W. Bush Administrations; and on Capitol Hill with Senator John Tower and Representative Jack Kemp. He has held senior staff positions in several policy institutes, long taught a graduate seminar in U.S. national security strategy and arms control, and is a Distinguished Fellow in National Security Affairs at the American Foreign Policy Council in Washington D.C.
- Author(s)Sven F. Kraemer
- PublisherUniversity Press of America
- Date of Publication16/09/2015
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of America
- Weight1588 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine36 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.