All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMany are familiar with teacher and poet Mark Nepo's books on inner transformation, relationship, and the emergence of purpose in our lives. But less well-kwn is the journey that shaped his vision as a teacher that began in 1987 when he was diagsed with cancer. The revelations during that time would inform every dimension of his work to follow. With Inside the Miracle, Mark Nepo shares what he discovered along this challenging terrain, and the insights most essential to those of us who w find ourselves there. The lessons and stories here are for all of us, ill or t, when the inevitable question arises: How do we move through an overwhelming crisis--whether from physical illness, grief, or a major life change--into the rest of our lives? This offering presents in its entirety Nepo's 1994 literary gem Acre of Light, written shortly after his recovery. Here, he expands and enriches its themes with new poems, essays, and teachings gathered in the decades since. Throughout, Mark includes compelling questions and exercises from his popular workshops, to invite us to personalize the experience. What emerges is a reading companion to be explored in many ways: as a memoir, as a survival kit of wisdom and verse that helped Mark during his own journey, and as a conversation to spark our own contemplation, journaling, and discovery. To live in wonder on the other side of suffering and disappointment, reflects Mark Nepo, is to kw how magnificent and fragile it is to be here at all. Inside the Miracle calls us to leap into our lives with tenderness and courage, so we can fully inhabit the miraculous moments that await us.
- Author BiographyMark NepoMark Nepo is a poet and philosopher who has taught in the fields of poetry and spirituality for over 35 years. A New York Times #1 bestselling author, he has published 13 books and recorded eight audio projects. Mark has been interviewed twice by Oprah Winfrey as part of her Soul Series radio show, and was interviewed by Robin Roberts on Good Morning America. As a cancer survivor, Mark devotes his writing and teaching to the journey of inner transformation and the life of relationship. Mark's work is widely accessible and used in spiritual retreats, healing and medical communities, and more. His work has been translated into 20 languages, and he continues to offer readings, lectures, and retreats.
- Author(s)Mark Nepo
- PublisherSounds True Inc
- Date of Publication13/11/2015
- SubjectMind, Body & Spirit: General
- Place of PublicationLouisville, CO
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSounds True Inc
- Weight485 g
- Width140 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine17 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.40
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.22
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.70
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $32.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.