Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.59Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $17.55Trending at AU $22.92
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
About this product
- DescriptionInside the Music of Brian Wilson is, as author Phillip Lambert writes in the prologue completely, and intensely, focused on the music of Brian Wilson, on the musical essence of his songs and the aesthetic value of his artistic achievements. It ackwledges the familiar biographical contexts of his songs, but it tells completely new stories about the birth and evolution of his musical ideas, identifying important musical trends in his work, heretofore undisclosed inter-song connections within his music, or between his music and that of others, and the nature and extent of his artistry. It aims t just to identify great songs, but to explain exactly what makes them so.Lambert, a rewned musicologist, brings to this work to life with both his professional expertise and an infectious personal appreciation of the power of pop music. His clear, engaging tone and accessible writing style allows even a musically inexperienced reader to follow him as he traces Wilsons musical evolution, with a particular focus on the years leading up to the writing and recording of Pet Sounds and SMiLE, albums which many consider to be the masterpieces of his oeuvre. Inside the Music of Brian Wilson is the definitive book on Wilsons music and is essential reading for fans of Brian Wilson, the Beach Boys, and great pop music.Includes THREE amazing Appendixes:Appendix 1: Brian Wilson Song Chrology*Appendix 2: Four Freshmen Albums, 19551961 Appendix 3: Favorite Songs and Influences Through 1961*The most complete song chrology ever published.
- Author BiographyPhilip Lambert teaches courses in music theory, 20th century music, and music history at Baruch College and the CUNY Graduate Center. He has also taught at Yale University and the Eastman School of Music.
- Author(s)Philip Lambert
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication17/05/2007
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight557 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.