Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.53
- AU $89.64Trending at AU $103.78
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.72
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $15.63Trending at AU $22.29
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $18.37
- AU $8.65Trending at AU $14.26
About this product
- DescriptionThe breathtaking new vel from the author of STILL ALICE, w adapted into an Oscar-winning film starring Julianne Moore. What would you do if the body and brain you rely on suddenly let you down - and would it change the person you are inside? Joe O'Brien is a Boston cop; his physical stamina and methodical mind have seen him through decades policing the city streets, while raising a family with his wife Rosie. When he starts committing uncharacteristic errors - mislaying his police weapon, trouble writing up reports, slurred speech - he attributes them to stress. Finally, he agrees to see a doctor and is handed a terrifying, unexpected diagsis: Huntington's disease. Not only is Joe's life set to change forever, but each of his four grown-up children has a fifty per cent chance of inheriting the disease. Observing her potential future play out in her father's escalating symptoms, his pretty yoga teacher daughter Katie wrestles with how to make the most of the here and w, and how to care for her dad who is, inside, always an O'Brien. Inside the O'Briens is a powerfully true and tender elegy to the resilience of the human spirit.
- Author BiographyLisa Genova holds a Ph.D. in neuroscience from Harvard University and lives with her family in Massachusetts. She is the New York Times-bestselling author of Still Alice, Left Neglected - a Richard & Judy Book Club pick - Love Anthony and Inside the O'Briens. Still Alice has sold over a million copies worldwide and was made into an Academy Award-winning film starring Julianne Moore.
- Author(s)Lisa Genova
- PublisherSimon & Schuster Ltd
- Date of Publication07/04/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSimon & Schuster Ltd
- Out-of-print date07/03/2017
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.