All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.54Trending at AU $75.65
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.58
- AU $31.33Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $17.67Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $13.09Trending at AU $16.63
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $50.97
About this product
- DescriptionInsight and Analysis applies Bernard Lonergan's thought to current issues in philosophy and in moral and other areas of theology. The common theme of the book is seen in the thread running through the chapters: a dialogue and critical comparison and contrast between Lonergan's thought and various key interlocutors in philosophy and theology. The title of this book, Insight and Analysis , suggests its main focus - Lonergan and analytical philosophy - but also references one of Lonergan's most influential works: Insight: A Study of Human Understanding . The chapters which explore the implications of Lonergan's thought for current work in analytical philosophy include discussions of Dummett, Wittgenstein, Searle, MacIntyre, Mackie, and Hintikka. However, Andrew Beards also brings Lonergan into dialogue with the continental tradition, with an extensive chapter on Badiou. Chapters on fundamental moral theology, Rahner's philosophy, and interrculturality and the writings of (the then) Cardinal Ratzinger indicate the importance of Lonergan as a philosophical theologian. Insight and Analysis presents a wide-ranging reassessment of the impact and application of Lonergan's thought.
- Author BiographyAndrew Beards is Reader in Philosophy and Director of the Philosophy Programme at the Maryvale Institute, Birmingham, UK. He is the author of Objectivity and Historical Understanding (Ashgate, 1997) and Method in Metaphysics: Lonergan and the Future of Analytical Philosophy (University of Toronto Press, 2008).
- Author(s)Andrew Beards
- PublisherContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication05/05/2010
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight576 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.