All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe year is 1855. The Crimean war is raging. The British government has fallen. The Empire itself hangs in the balance.And then the murders start...Someone is targeting members of London's elite - leaving with each corpse the names of men who failed to assassinate Queen Victoria. It's clear that Victoria will be the ultimate victim. As the torious Opium-Eater Thomas De Quincey and his daughter Emily race to save her, they uncover the heart-breaking past of a man whose lust for revenge has destroyed his soul.Based on actual attempts to assassinate the queen, Inspector of the Dead brilliantly merges fact with fiction, bringing a bloody chapter of Victorian England to vivid, pulse-pounding life.
- Author BiographyDavid Morrell is best known for his debut 1972 novel First Blood, which would later become the successful Rambo film franchise starring Sylvester Stallone. His numerous international bestsellers include the classic spy trilogy The Brotherhood of the Rose, The Fraternity of the Stone and The League of Night and Fog. An Edgar, Anthony, and Macavity nominee, Morrell is the recipient of three Bram Stoker awards as well as the International Thriller Writers' prestigious Thriller Master award. Visit his website at davidmorrell.net, or follow him on Twitter @_DavidMorrell.
- Author(s)David Morrell
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication06/10/2016
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleVictorian De Quincey Mysteries
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMulholland Books
- Weight250 g
- Width132 mm
- Height199 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $34.26Trending at AU $43.83
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.39
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $83.65
- AU $13.32Trending at AU $15.85
- AU $17.70Trending at AU $19.68
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.