All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.79
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.66
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.50
About this product
- DescriptionAvailable as an E-Inspection Copy! Go here to order Do you feel under increasing pressure to produce high quality publications, or struggle to translate your great ideas into inspirational - and engaging - writing? Gillie Bolton introduces her three 'key phases' method (Write for Myself, Redraft for my Reader, Edit for Posterity) to make the writing process less daunting, and offers support and advice on how to develop your own writing voice to use this to engage readers in your research. 'Characters' at different career stages help you to identify your own writing level, and before and after examples of work from a range of disciplines clearly illustrate the key writing techniques. Drawing on case studies, as well as their own extensive writing experience, the authors suggest strategies for dealing with common difficulties such as: * Time and energy management * Restoring flagging enthusiasm * Maintaining inspiration * Dealing with potential burut and writer's block. Each chapter concludes with a set of constructive exercises which develop these critical skills and inspire you to improve and enjoy your own academic writing. Ideal for upper level students and early career researchers. Dr Gillie Bolton is an international authority on writing and author of a long publication list including nine books, academic papers, as well as professional articles, poetry, and for a lay readership. Stephen Rowland, Emeritus Professor of University College London, is author of four books on the nature of research and learning in a range of contexts.
- Author BiographyDr Gillie Bolton is an international authority on writing and author of a long publication list including nine books (one in 4th Edition), academic papers (many in top ranking journals), as well as professional articles, poetry, and for a lay readership. She has peer-reviewed for many journals and has been a long serving editor of an academic and two professional journals.
- Author(s)Gillie E. J. Bolton,Stephen Rowland
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication19/06/2014
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Weight454 g
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.