Inspired to Quilt: Creative Experiments in Art Quilt Imagery by Melanie Testa (Paperback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $18.14+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.93+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.88
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.81
About this product
- DescriptionExplore the art-quilt design process through journaling, technique experiments, and making small projects using a variety of mixed-media, fiber-art, and surface-design techniques. Inspired to Quilt helps art quilters translate a concept to finished product by delving into new and invative ideas while coaching them to find their own unique voice. Advanced beginner art quilters and fiber and mixed-media artists will enjoy learning the inventive processes for designing art quilts-from keeping a mixed-media journal to documenting inspirations to playing with fiber and surface design methods to discover personal style. Melanie offers a variety of hands-on creative and practical exercises to jump-start the process, shown step by step with beautiful photography: fabric printing, fabric manipulation, stamping, resists, layering, fabric painting, dyeing, stitching, applique, collage, machine embroidery, beading, and more. Through these techniques, readers explore creating art-quilt imagery and motifs that become the focal point of a quilt. In addition, Melanie shares useful finishing techniques that put the final touches on an art quilt, plus make unique bindings and creative fixes. Also included in Inspired to Quilt is a chapter on constructing small projects such as fabric postcards, artist trading cards, and more as ways of exploring new ideas and techniques. Helpful insider tips and tricks for making the most of time and resources are found throughout the book.
- Author BiographyMelanie Testa is an accomplished textile and quilt artist. She attended the Fashion Institute of Technology in Textile/Surface Design and has taken many courses from well-known quilt and surface-design artists including Natasha Kemper-Cullens, Ann Johnston, Carol Soderlund, and Jane Dunnewold. She exhibits her fiber art at various galleries and quilt shows around the country and currently teaches fiber arts at Coconino Community College. Her articles have appeared in Quilting Arts Magazine and the Studio Art Quilt Associates (SAQA) Journal. She lives in Flagstaff, Arizona.
- Author(s)Melanie Testa
- PublisherInterweave Press Inc
- Date of Publication24/04/2009
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationLoveland, CO
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintInterweave Press Inc
- Out-of-print date06/09/2016
- Content Note200 colour illustrations
- Weight522 g
- Width216 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.