Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionAddressing classical material as well as new perspectives, Instabilities of Flows and Transition to Turbulence presents a concise, up-to-date treatment of theory and applications of viscous flow instability. It covers materials from classical instability to contemporary research areas including bluff body flow instability, mixed convection flows, and application areas of aerospace and other branches of engineering. Transforms and perturbation techniques are used to link linear instability with receptivity of flows, as developed by the author. The book: Provides complete coverage of transition concepts, including receptivity and flow instability Introduces linear receptivity using bi-lateral Fourier-Laplace transform techniques Presents natural laminar flow (NLF) airfoil analysis and design as a practical application of classical and bypass transition Distinguishes strictly between instability and receptivity, which leads to identification of wall- and free stream-modes Describes energy-based receptivity theory for the description of bypass transitions Instabilities of Flows and Transition to Turbulence has evolved into an account of the personal research interests of the author over the years. A conscious effort has been made to keep the treatment at an elementary level requiring rudimentary kwledge of calculus, the Fourier-Laplace transform, and complex analysis. The book is equally amenable to undergraduate students, as well as researchers in the field.
- Author BiographyAbout the author: Professor Tapan K. Sengupta is affiliated with the High Performance Computing Laboratory in the Department of Aerospace Engineering at the Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur, India.
- Author(s)Tapan K. Sengupta
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication21/05/2012
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note234 black & white illustrations, 13 black & white tables
- Weight1111 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.