Save on Textbooks
- AU $28.12Trending at AU $33.22
- AU $17.71Trending at AU $20.09
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $41.99Trending at AU $45.91
- AU $49.12Trending at AU $65.26
- AU $15.91Trending at AU $22.07
- AU $49.55Trending at AU $56.21
About this product
- DescriptionThese two volumes contain the proceedings of the workshop on the Institute for Computer Instability and Transition, sponsored by Applications in Science and Engineering (ICASE) and the Langley Research Center (LaRC), during May 15 to June 9, 1989. The work- shop coincided with the initiation of a new, focused research pro- gram on instability and transition at LaRC. The objectives of the workshop were to (i) expose the academic community to current techlogically important issues of instability and transition in shear flows over the entire speed range, (ii) acquaint the academic com- munity with the unique combination of theoretical, computational and experimental capabilities at LaRC and foster interaction with these facilities, (iii) review current state-of-the-art and propose fu- ture directions for instability and transition research, (iv) accelerate progress in elucidating basic understanding of transition phemena and in transferring this kwledge into improved design methodolo- gies through improved transition modeling, and (v) establish mech- anisms for continued interaction. The objectives (i) to (iii) were of course immediately met. It is still premature to assess whether ob- jectives (iv) and (v) are achieved. The workshop program consisted of tutorials, research presenta- tions, panel discussions, experimental and computational demonstra- tions, and collaborative projects.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication17/09/2011
- Series TitleICASE/NASA LaRC Series
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight714 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byRobert G. Voigt
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1990
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.