All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPolaroid, in its time, was what Apple is to ours: the most interesting high tech company on earth. It filled a niche all its own, one that body else intruded upon until the very end, and nearly all its brilliance came from the head of its genius founder, a man names Edwin Herbert Land. There are four stories in here: the invention of a one of a kind techlogy, the creation of a medium that many artists embraced and loved, the story of a pop culture artifact that virtually everyone recognizes and a cautionary business tale about high tech companies that lose their inventive edge. This book tells the remarkable history of Polaroid, which became hugely successful soon after it brought the first instant print camera to market in 1948. Over the next six decades, Polaroid cameras became utterly familiar and they became more functional and more elegant with each new camera model. With the rise of digital cameras, however, the company went bankrupt and in 2008 anunced that Polaroid pictures were a thing of the past. A few months later a group of enthusiasts founded the Impossible Project, dedicated to bring back Polaroid film, which returned the product to the market by mid 2010.
- Author BiographyChristopher Bonanos is a senior editor at New York magazine, where he manages much of the magazine's culture coverage, especially theatre. He's also written for The New York Times Magazine and Slate, and is the author of Gods, Heroes, and Philosophers: A Celebration of All Things Greek (Kensington Press, 2005).
- Author(s)Christopher Bonanos
- PublisherPrinceton Architectural Press
- Date of Publication01/09/2012
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton Architectural Press
- Content Notecol. Illustrations
- Weight590 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $59.39Trending at AU $61.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.