All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $17.87Trending at AU $22.34
- AU $43.34Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $37.57
- AU $25.64Trending at AU $34.55
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.57
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $80.34
- AU $48.62Trending at AU $54.02
About this product
- DescriptionWhile clearly assessing the achievements, performance and responses of major global south institutions to global change, Jacqueline Anne Braveboy-Wagner shows how and why such arrangements are critical in the South's efforts to call the international community's attention to their concerns and to resolve their special problems. Focusing on a range of key areas to provide the reader with a well-rounded understanding of this important subject in international affairs, the book: * offers a rationale for the institutional development in the global South * elaborates on the scope of membership, structure, aims, and problems of such institutions * assesses the utility of tri-continental political and ecomic organizations * examines the history and activities of region-wide organizations * evaluates the potential of sub-regional integration arrangements * analyses the applicability of various theories, and makes suggestions with respect to the study of global South institutions. The lack of a comprehensive and accessible compilation of institutions of key importance to the global South in the post-war period, makes this book essential reading to students and scholars in the fields of in international organization, international politics, foreign policy, international development, and global south public policies.
- Author BiographyJacqueline Anne Braveboy-Wagner is Professor of Political Science at The City College, and at The Graduate School and University Center of the City University of New York. She is a specialist in foreign policy and international development with an area studies focus on the Caribbean small states and the global south.
- Author(s)Jacqueline Anne Braveboy-Wagner
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication30/09/2008
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Series TitleGlobal Institutions
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 29
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note4 black & white illustrations, 4 black & white tables, 4 black & white line drawings
- Weight430 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.