Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
About this product
- Description62 brilliant games involving the best players in the world, with tes by one of the top antators. Igor Stohl has selected 62 outstanding games from recent years and analysed them in painstaking depth. Here he presents his findings to chess enthusiasts, who will find the games entertaining and the antations both instructive and illuminating. Stohl is an outstanding theoretical expert, so the opening phase of each game reads like a lesson in the key strategic aspects of the opening chosen, with a critical survey of modern trends. The middlegame is dissected and the critical decisions subjected to keen scrutiny - we are invited inside Stohl's laboratory to join him in the quest for the truth. The endgame phase, if reached, is handled with similar erudition, with insights into the grandmaster's approach to questions of technique. Following each game there is a discussion of the most important lessons to be learned. The expanded and revised new edition of this award-winning work features 12 new top-level games from the period 2000-2007 antated in great depth - about 40% new material. There are also corrections to the existing tes and a revised Introduction.
- Author BiographyIgor Stohl is a well-known grandmaster from Slovakia. He plays in several national leagues and is a noted opening theoretician. His thorough annotations frequently appear in Ceskoslovensky Sach, Informator and ChessBase Magazine. The first edition of Instructive Modern Chess Masterpieces won the United States Chess Federation Cramer Award for Best Book. His follow-up was a monumental two-volume work, Garry Kasparov's Greatest Chess Games.
- Author(s)Igor Stohl
- PublisherGambit Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication01/01/2009
- SubjectHobbies, Pastimes & Indoor Games
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGambit Publications Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white line drawings
- Weight794 g
- Width172 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edition Statementlarge type edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.