Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.09
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.44
About this product
- DescriptionInstruments of Planning: Tensions and Challenges for more Equitable and Sustainable Cities critically explores planning's instrumentality to deliver important social and environmental outcomes in neoliberal planning landscapes. Because each instrument is unique and may be tailored to its own jurisdictional needs, Instruments of Planning is a compendium of case studies from urban regions in Australia, Canada, the United States and Europe, providing readers with a collection that critically challenges the role and potential of planning instruments and instrumentality across a range of contexts. Instruments of Planning captures the political, institutional, and ecomic challenges that confront planning. It examines planning instruments designed to assist with strategic planning and implementation, and considers the role that techlogy plays in unpacking and understanding complexity in planning. Written by Rebecca Leshinsky and Crystal Legacy of RMIT University in Melbourne, Australia, this book fills the gap in planning theory about the instrumentality of planning in the neoliberal urban context. It is essential reading for students, urban researchers, policy analysts and planning practitioners.
- Author BiographyRebecca Leshinsky is a Senior Lecturer in Property, School of Property, Construction and Project Management, RMIT University, Melbourne, Australia, and the author of a number of practitioner books in the areas of property and strata law. Crystal Legacy is an Australian Research Council (DECRA) Fellow and a Vice Chancellor's Research Fellow in the Centre for Urban Research at RMIT University. She is co-editor of Building Inclusive Cities: Women's safety and the right to the city (Routledge).
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication25/08/2015
- SubjectGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleRTPI Library Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note13 black & white tables, 23 black & white halftones, 11 black & white line drawings
- Weight612 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byCrystal Legacy,Rebecca Leshinsky
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.