All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $30.86Trending at AU $31.45
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
About this product
- DescriptionThe aim of this book is to provide clear and concise information about the safe prescribing of insulin both subcutaneously and intraveusly. It provides information on the different types of insulin, the delivery devices, side effects of insulin and, most importantly, on rational dose adjustment.
- Author BiographyMark W. J. Strachan is a Consultant Physician in Diabetes, Endocrinology and Acute Medicine and Clinical Director of Acute Medicine, Infectious Diseases, Diabetes and Endocrinology at Western General Hospital, Edinburgh. During the course of his appointment he has been involved in many significant service developments, postgraduate education and training and research projects. His main research interest is the effect of diabetes on the brain, particularly the impact of Type 2 diabetes on cognitive function. He has authored over 100 research papers and edited a book entitled Davidson's Clinical Cases, which was awarded a first prize in the 2009 British Medical Association Medical Books Competition. Brian M. Frier is a retired Consultant Physician in general (internal) medicine and diabetes at the Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh and is Honorary Professor of Diabetes in the University of Edinburgh. Prof Frier's principal research interest is the pathophysiology of hypoglycaemia in humans with particular relevance to Diabetes. He has published extensively in this field and has co-edited two multi-author international textbooks on hypoglycaemia and diabetes: Hypoglycaemia and Diabetes: Clinical and Physiological Aspects, and Hypoglycaemia in Clinical Diabetes, 2e. Dr Frier has an international reputation in the field of hypoglycaemia as well as an active team working on several clinical projects for nearly 30 years.
- Author(s)Brian M. Frier,Mark W. J. Strachan
- PublisherSpringer London Ltd
- Date of Publication20/02/2013
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationEngland
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSpringer London Ltd
- Content Note2 black & white illustrations, 9 colour illustrations, 9 black & white tables
- Weight137 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.