All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIntegral Equation Methods for Electromagnetic and Elastic Waves is an outgrowth of several years of work. There have been recent books on integral equation methods. There are books written on integral equations, but either they have been around for a while, or they were written by mathematicians. Much of the kwledge in integral equation methods still resides in journal papers. With this book, important relevant kwledge for integral equations are consolidated in one place and researchers need only read the pertinent chapters in this book to gain important kwledge needed for integral equation research. Also, learning the fundamentals of linear elastic wave theory does t require a quantum leap for electromagnetic practitioners. Integral equation methods have been around for several decades, and their introduction to electromagnetics has been due to the seminal works of Richmond and Harrington in the 1960s. There was a surge in the interest in this topic in the 1980s (tably the work of Wilton and his coworkers) due to increased computing power. The interest in this area was on the wane when it was demonstrated that differential equation methods, with their sparse matrices, can solve many problems more efficiently than integral equation methods. Recently, due to the advent of fast algorithms, there has been a revival in integral equation methods in electromagnetics. Much of our work in recent years has been in fast algorithms for integral equations, which prompted our interest in integral equation methods. While previously, only tens of thousands of unkwns could be solved by integral equation methods, w, tens of millions of unkwns can be solved with fast algorithms. This has prompted new enthusiasm in integral equation methods.
- Author(s)Bin Hu,Mei-Song Tong,Weng Chew
- PublisherMorgan & Claypool Publishers
- Date of Publication30/07/2007
- SubjectEnergy Technology & Electrical Engineering
- Series TitleSynthesis Lectures on Computational Electromagnetics S.
- Place of PublicationSan Rafael
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2006
- ImprintMorgan & Claypool Publishers
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width187 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Series Edited byConstantine A. Balanis
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $115.99Trending at AU $139.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.00
- AU $68.62Trending at AU $90.31
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $34.88
- AU $37.74Trending at AU $39.42
- AU $17.49Trending at AU $19.81
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.